Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Winding down...


Day 219
Current Location: St. Petersburg, Florida (USA)
Total Countries visited: 9
Total Miles Driven: I don't remember

Hi everyone !  I am now in sunny St. Petersburg, Florida.  No more snowstorms, at least for now.  I have been in Florida for 4 days now, and I have been busy...

Large Marge is clean and empty, and she is at the shop getting fixed before I can sell her in good condition.  Nothing major needs to be repaired, just a few minor things like a broken cabinet door handle, an A/C knob falling off, etc.

It is very weird to be back in the US for good... I am getting used to it already... Somehow Mexico and Central America are already starting to feel far away.

Over the last week or so, I continued my trip across Texas all the way through Florida.  I definitely enjoyed San Antonio, hanging out on the Riverwalk and eating one of the best steaks (and margaritas) I have ever had.  Then I stayed a few days in Houston, and on to New Orleans for a night of good jazz, great jambalaya and a little bit of craziness.  After that, straight to Florida where I stand right now.

It is hot here, but not the same kind of heat as I had to endure in Mexico.  Somehow I don't manage the heat as well here in Florida - could be the humidity, could be the pollen in the air that is giving me allergies, I don't know.  I just try to stay out of the sun.  But I really enjoy the nights, where everything is perfect - the warm wind, the nice outdoor lounges, the amazing seafood, the good company...

There are no real stories from this last leg of my trip - just a lot of eating, driving, and sleeping.  It has been good, and it is good to be back.  And now, it is almost over.

Once Large Marge is back from the shop, I will put her in storage, put a few ads in the papers and online and will have a friend take care of the selling / showing part.  Then I will rent a car and drive back to Chicago - I can't fly, I have way too much stuff to bring back !

I think there will be only one more blog post after this - from Chicago, quite probably in two or three weeks.  Hang on folks, we're almost there !

Until then,

DMR

No comments:

Post a Comment